"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Three Things

1. I just finished my first last semester's final. It was relatively exhausting. Just 3 more to go. This one was probably the hardest of the 4. Very pleased to have it behind me.

2. Yesterday I attended a town hall meeting about CU's new law building. The highlights:
  • Move in day is August 1, 2006

  • Library space expanding by 50%

  • They are attempting to minimize noise and other disturbances during the construction process

  • More classrooms, study space, offices

  • New cafeteria. One of the speakers seemed very excited about the new cafeteria.

  • Lots of windows, sunlight and good feelings. Their words.

  • It all seems very nice. Everyone who spoke seemed genuinely concerned about the students' needs.
3. I bought a plane ticket and reserved a hotel room for the Lewis & Clark Preview weekend. I'm going to have some free time in Portland during my trip - Any suggestions about what I should do or see?

No comments: