"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Blogrolling v. Bloglines

I have officially switched over from Blogrolling to Bloglines.

My hope is that Bloglines will do what Blogrolling never seemed to be able to, and that is to tell me when the blogs I read are updated. In theory, I really like the little notifier. I will really like it if it works like it says it will.

While I was subscribing to my blogs, sometimes I was given a choice of feeds to subscribe to. I always chose the atom.xml - will this cause me problems? I don't understand the differences between my choices, so I just picked the one that was familiar. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please do share.

Also, if anyone has tips about how to use bloglines in the most efficient manner, I would appreciate them. It seems pretty straight forward, but maybe I am missing something. Sometimes I do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love bloglines. One of the things I do is also subscribe to the feeds of newspapers I read. I set those NOT to be monitored by the notifier, though—otherwise I'd have giant numbers on the notifier. You can also set blogs that you know you won't have time to read in the middle of the day to be un-monitored, and just read them when you have time.

I split my blogs into folders so I can decide which ones to blogroll. That way my news feeds don't show up on my blog. You just file things in folders and then pick that folder to share.