"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Monday, February 07, 2005

I Want You To Want Me...

I don't think I'm alone in wanting a law school to really want me. To show me the love. They don't even need to offer me the Big Things like scholarships and travel vouchers out to admitted students' weekends (although these would not be turned down!) Send me a shiny new catalog, a keychain, a pen, a postcard. Just let me know you care! This relationship is a two way street, you know. I give, and I give, and I give...

Vermont has been sending me stuff for over a year. They sent me a holiday card in December, and if I remember correctly they may have even sent a birthday card before I even took the LSAT. Now that's love. Learn a lesson, other law schools.

Colorado hasn't sent too much, but they did turn my application around just two days after sending my complete email. Now that's some warm and fuzzy action.

So, other school, I implore you: Don't leave me hanging. Send me some physical confirmation. Let me stop having these thoughts about some IT person accidentally loading my information into the admitted student database, accidentally allowing me into the website with the pretty pictures of the happy admitted students. I want to be sure I am one of those happy admitted students. Show me some love! Pretty please?

1 comment:

divine angst said...

Oh, WhyLaw, I'm having the same problem. Why, oh why, won't NU send me my packet?? Weeks I've been waiting, and as each day passes, I start to doubt.

*I might have to call this week.*