"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Saturday, January 15, 2005

A Weekend Away

Today is J's birthday and we're celebrating with a little dual-purpose trip to Estes Park. I've booked us a room in a nice bed & breakfast that we're considering getting married in. Since the wedding is only 4 months and a week away I figure the only way we're going to get everything done is some creative multi-tasking. So, this weekend is birthday-getaway-site visit wrapped into one.

In other wedding news: My soon-to-be in-laws have generously offered to host the rehearsal dinner - as well as help with the honeymoon costs! We haven't settled on a location yet, but we are leaning toward Santa Fe.

My mom is throwing us an engagement party a week from today. It's amazing how traditional people get when a wedding is involved. I had assumed that J & I would be covering all of the wedding related expenses since we're a little older and none of our parents have a lot of extra income. I guess families are just full of unexpected surprises.

1 comment:

divine angst said...

Fun! Enjoy the weekend away, and try to enjoy the B&B as a birthday present just a little bit before you worry about it as a wedding location!