"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Sunday, January 02, 2005

PSA

I promise I'm not going to blog about diabetes all the time now, because that is obnoxious, but I feel I would be remiss if I did not mention the symptoms. I just don't want anyone to go through the terrifying experiences of my recent hospitalization.

Symptoms of Type 1 diabetes:
  • Crazy, intense thirst (remember the juicer?)
  • Unexplained (or unjustified) weight loss
  • Increased appetite
  • Fatigue
  • Frequent need to use the restroom
  • Nausea, vomiting
  • Abdominal pain

So, to sum up, if you experience these symptoms please tell your doctor.

This ends this public service announcement. I now return you to your regular scheduled blogging.

1 comment:

Sui Generis said...

I missed you! Welcome back, congratulations, and stay well!