"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Today Is The First Day of the Last Days of Last Semester

I am finally finishing up the last of my assignments from last semester and am preparing myself to take last semester's finals. At the same time I am managing to keep up with my current classes somehow, and planning the wedding (with lots of help.)

Classes this semester are turning out to be fairly dealable. A lot of the material in my major classes are review, and one of them is based almost entirely on a term paper (I'm writing mine on how human induced reduction of Beaver populations in North America dramatically reshaped the landscape and hydrologic systems of the Rocky Mountains.) "Shakespeare for Non-Majors" is fine - actually, it's pretty interesting. My teacher is very young (for a teacher, I mean. She's not 12.) and talks about South Park and being a raver. "Math for the Environment" is the strangest math class I've ever taken. For example, we've yet to do a problem involving numbers. One of my recent homework questions was: "Do you believe a person can ever be truly free or truly not free?"

Days Until Graduation: 97

No comments: