"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Friday, January 07, 2005

Stay On Target...Stay On Target...

On Monday I begin my very last semester as an undergraduate. I also can't believe that in 5 short months I'm going to have a shiny new degree. My class schedule this semester is borderline ridiculous. It's definitely a "filling up the holes in the core curriculum" kind of schedule. For example, it includes Spanish, "Shakespeare for Non-majors," and, of course, don't forget: "Math for the Environment."

Also, because I had to drop my thesis due to my lack of being able to work on it over the break (everyone involved was very understanding) I had to just pick any class that still had a seat left open that would be approved as a class for my major (Environmental Studies). There was one, yes one, class that fit these requirements. So I am now taking a course titled: "The War and the Environment."

The fifth class in my schedule is actually kind of interesting, however. It's called Conservation Trends and it seems to be a small, discussion oriented class about, well, conservation trends. Hence the name.

The important thing is that in 119 short days it will all be over. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a lot of my undergrad stay, but I'm ready for it to be over and to get on with life in a world where the average age is over 20.

2 comments:

divine angst said...

Ah, I miss those days! My last semester of college was a whirlwind of fun, combined with a lot of work (an independent study project, two comprehensive major exams, and a senior seminar), and I enjoyed every second of it. (Lest you think I was a study freak, I also was taking "Biology and People." ::snort:: I was one of two seniors. It was awesome.)

I do, though, remember being both very excited and completely distraught when I graduated from college. It took me a several days to get used to the "real world" when it was all said and done.

divine angst said...

Oh, and by the way, I love the title of this post. I use that one myself all the time. It's one of those distinctive lines, yes?