"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Sunday, August 01, 2004

One Down, One To Go

I woke up to find a very welcome email in my inbox. One of my professors wrote to let me know that she sent off my requested letter of recommendation to LSAC yesterday! What a relief!

Now there are only two items left until my LSAC file is complete. The other letter of recommendation (which has been promised to be written before September 1) and the dreaded personal statement. I'm currently walking the fine line with my statement between illustrating how I've overcome adversity and sounding "whiney." I definitely want to steer far clear from the whining. I really don't want to be one of those people.

So, to sum up: One letter down, one to go. Yay!

No comments: