"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Monday, August 23, 2004

Good To Be Home

I'm home, safe and sound after many adventures in MA and VT. We did a lot of sight seeing in Boston - I highly recommend the duck boat tour and the Freedom Trail. Much fun to be had by all.

The high point of my trip was definitely Vermont. It was a very satisfying feeling to be in towns that did not have Walmarts and McDonald's. I absolutely loved the law school, but it is still not my #1 choice. I still have some thinking to do on the matter, but I still think I'm going to end up in the Northwest.

Some good news: My second and final letter of recommendation has been processed by good old LSAC so now my file is only waiting on me and my more-or-less personal statement.

A busy day is ahead of me, classes start today including the ones at the gym. I'm looking forward to starting these classes early and getting into a good workout routine. My school classes today are Natural Resources Economics and a graduate level Engineering class (eek!) called Energy and Environmental Policy.

No comments: