"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Good Morning!

I've been so tired ever since I got home from Boston I was starting to think I might have mono or something. Seriously, a couple of days this week I actually fell asleep in the middle of the day on the couch in my office at school. Happily, I think I'm over this oddity and have been able to stay awake for full eight hours at a time for the past two days.

Other than the tired thing this first week back at school has gone really well. I made it to the gym four out of the five mornings, and my knee is doing much better than it was a week ago, thank goodness. If I had to get another cast or brace - especially if it meant having to give up my gym classes again - I wouldn't have been a very happy blogger.

I also had regular school classes, of course. I mentioned that I am taking an Engineering course - well, guess who's in it? My econ teacher from over the summer! Fortunately I had gotten an A in his class, otherwise it could have been awkward. He's a nice, laid back guy. Once during the econ class nitrous oxide came up and he giggled for a full minute about whipped cream.

I actually like every one of my classes this semester. I'm feeling both relieved and anxious that these are the last grades admissions people will (most likely) see. In addition to the econ and the engineering classes I've mentioned I'm also taking a class from the Italian department entitled 'The Age of Dante' (My professor introduced the class by saying, "Welcome to hell, boys and girls!") and a physics class about energy and the environment. My professor for this class is from New Zealand (I love NZ accents!) and was a part of the team than helped to win this. For the first time (excluding my semester at Biosphere) every one of my professors is a PhD. I'm actually liking my school some again. I think it's going to be a great semester.

Some news on law school planning: My boyfriend is currently enrolled in a Master's program. Our plan has been to have me go to law school while he finishes up and joins me. We had estimated him moving at the end of my 2L year. He now thinks that he will not be finishing up with his Master's until the Fall after I graduate. Today he's going to start looking at schools in the city of my law school of choice to see if there is possibly an appropriate program for him. While I want him to be in the best program for him I am elated at the possibility of not having to be apart at all.

No comments: