"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Graduation!

What can I say that won't sound completely cheesey?

I'm getting really excited about graduation tomorrow. Up until now I've really just been tired. This has been a very trying semester. Learning how to deal with my exciting new diabetes, studying for and taking my finals from fall semester, taking my regular classes, getting law school decisions and picking one to attend, planning a wedding and dealing with the surprising amount of drama that has gone along with it - All in one neat four month package.

I've learned a lot in college. I've enjoyed my major and as much as I complain about it I'm glad I attended CU, if only for the opportunity to major in exactly what I wanted to. During these last four months I've learned a lot about myself and how much I can handle. I've had to question my priorities, and even my commitment to this whole law school thing.

I questioned whether I can (or even want to) handle the stress of law school with my new set of circumstances. My ultimate answer is yes, I think so. Maybe I'll approach the whole thing differently than I would have, but I believe that I can "do law school" - and, perhaps more importantly, that I still want to and there's nothing else I would rather do next.

1 comment:

CM said...

Congratulations!! Happy graduation!

Right now everything is changing at once for you. Once school and the wedding are over, and you've moved and settled in, I'm sure things will seem less overwhelming.