"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Friday, April 15, 2005

My Turn!

The lovely and talented CM said I should, so here you go:

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be saved?

I had to skip this one and come back to it last. I guess I'm supposed to pick a book that positively influences people, not just something that I like. In which case, I will find a very thorough, accurate worldwide history book and save that.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Tons of times. I think this is supposed to be all about books, so I will answer with the first book-crush I can remember: David from Run Softly, Go Fast by Barbara Wersba. I read this book in an English class during my last semester of high school. I actually stole a copy the day I dropped out. I can safely say this book changed my life. Anyway, to the crush part - Who wouldn't love a character that wakes up early and finds bottles to recycle so he can buy his new girlfriend a perfect orange? So sweet...

3. The last book you purchased?

Teach Yourself Japanese
by Helen Ballhatchet and Stefan Kaiser.

4. What are you currently reading?

Antarctica by Kim Stanley Robinson and Starting Off Right in Law School by Carolyn J. Nygren.

5. Five books you would take to a deserted island?

Being forced to read (or watch) the same thing over and over again is a fear of mine. So I guess I would find the five most comprehensive "Learn This Language" books and bring those. At least this way I would be doing something during the stranded time other than just reading and re-reading.

So now I need to pick three people that a) haven't done this already, b) are likely to read this and c) are supercool. I pick Janine, Shelley and SG.

No comments: