"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Monday, October 25, 2004

The Old Weekend

Friday night J and I went to see the opera Cosi Fan Tutte, put on by Master's students at my school. J loves the opera, so depending on our financial situation we go to see 2-10 operas per year. His favorite is Verdi's Aida. Mine is Puccini's Turandot. However, in general I prefer anything by Wagner to just about anything else. The production of Cosi Fan Tutte on Friday was very cute. The set, costumes, acting...Very cute. A weird resume point from the guy who played Don Alfonso: Performed the voices for both Mickey Mouse and Ursula the Sea Witch for Disney movies overdubbed in Arabic.

Saturday I studied for my Dante midterm all day. I'm so not enjoying this class, and studying for this test is like torture. I simply don't care about Florentine politics of the 1300s. I'm usually not a whiney student, but I am entering whine mode for this. Thank goodness it's all over tomorrow.

Sunday I woke up with a pounding headache. Like a hangover, but a not-fair one because I did not even get to drink. Then, instead of finishing my Dante studying, I slept all day.

So now I'm feeling somewhat better but now I have to start my week with studying. This is not my normal way of doing things, but the sickness got in the way. Blah.

Oh, a note for all of you who got your LSAT scores over the weekend: Great job! No matter what number appeared in your inbox, you did it! You took a difficult test. You can now say: I took the LSAT. Lots of people talk about it and never do it, so you are now better than them ;) Just kidding. But seriously, please, stop reading the boards. You know which boards. You are more than your LSAT score.

2 comments:

divine angst said...

Seriously. Stop reading them now. I have, and thank God.

Sui Generis said...

Yes. If you're gloating about a high score, you need to get over yourself. If you're whining about a low one, the same goes for you. Seriously.