"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Thursday, October 21, 2004

New Meaning of "Family Jewels"...

From this article on the new and exciting things you can now do with your loved one's remains:

...an Illinois-based company was using science to turn carbon from the cremation process into diamonds for the family of the deceased.

The jewelry, which comes in either gold or blue, gives the family a way to "keep their loved one with them," said Rusty VandenBiesen, chief operating officer for LifeGem.

"People find it a comfort," he said. "A new way to celebrate the life of a loved one."
I think of myself as pretty open minded, but I find this to be beyond creepy.

1 comment:

Sui Generis said...

That's pretty awesome. I admit, I wouldn't want to wear the remains of a family member myself. But I would be thrilled to have my carbon turned into a diamond.