"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Sunday, July 18, 2004

I, Robot

I had listened to the book, which is actually a collection of short stories, by Isaac Asimov a few weeks ago during my West Coast Law School Tour.  I was ready to be thoroughly disappointed by the movie, but surprisingly I really, really liked it.  It didn't follow the book of course - there was little action in the short stories.  However, many aspects of the three laws issues were written into the plot - quite well, I thought, considering it is a mainstream summer action movie. 
 
It's a fun movie and a fantastic book if you enjoy science fiction.  I don't know how much non-sci fi people would like to read Asimov - he was pretty cheesy with the dialogue.  I can put up with quite a bit of goofy dialogue and flat characters if there's robots that go along with them. 


 

No comments: