"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Friday, September 09, 2005

Little Week

Even though this was just a little three day week for me it felt much longer than 72 hours . But ultimately it was a good 72 hours. I've shaken most of the fear that has gripped me since day 1 of orientation and yep, I still like law school. My surprise out of the gate favorite class is Contracts. Who knew? My professor said on the first day of class that she "guaranteed we would love Contracts." And so far she has been right, at least in my case.

So now it's the weekend and where am I? In the law library. Last weekend I made the mistake of taking most of Friday off and I lived to regret it, so my plan this weekend is to do the bulk of my work today leaving Saturday and Sunday afternoons off for other things. And I actually do have other things planned!

Saturday I'm playing the joiner by going to a potluck picnic thing held by a student group I've decided wholeheartedly to join. And on Sunday J and I are picking up our new roommate! One of the visiting law students who has been displaced by the hurricane is going to stay with us for awhile, and J and I are excited to have her as our guest.

Okay, back to Marbury v Madison...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abrams does a LOT with M v. M! If you ever still want to think about it, I have a really interesting book about Jefferson and Marshall that goes into great depth. :)