"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama

Sunday, July 17, 2005

It's A Small World After All

While whitewater rafting down the Arkansas river today I discovered that our raft guide is applying to Lewis & Clark Law for Fall '06. What are the odds?

I gave him my contact information and an offer to answer "How to apply to law school" questions. He enthusiastically accepted and offered to take us rafting and climbing in Oregon.

Life is pretty fun sometimes.

2 comments:

Menagerie said...

Last summer, when I was working in Reno and spending every other weekend in Portland, the woman across the aisle from me on the flight back was the woman who had called me to encourge me to pick L&C -- we had both attended UNR, and she was designated to call UNR grads (she graduated before I even started). She was clerking at the courthouse annex across the street from "my" courthouse in Reno and had just happened to be in Portland for a classmate's wedding. It is SO funny how these things work out!

kristine said...

That's really cool!